- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup Simply Sea Salt Crunchy Mung Beans
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup plant based butter; melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, mung beans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, which together the honey, vanilla extract, and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until a sticky mixture forms.
- Line an 8” by 8” baking pan with parchment paper. Pour the granola mixture into the prepared pan and press tightly into the bottom with a spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown. Let the granola cool in the pan at room temperature for 30 minutes. Transfer the pan to the refrigerator and chill for at least an additional 1 hour.
- Remove the granola from the pan and cut into 8 equal sized bars.
recipe courtesy of Emily at Mood Food Recipes