Mom’s Jam Crunch Cookies
1 cup Crunchsters Simply Sea Salt
2 cups + 2 tablespoons buckwheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons potato starch
½ teaspoon salt
14 tablespoons vegan butter
1 cup light brown sugar
½ cup date paste
1 cup applesauce
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chewy caramels, cut into four pieces
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, potato starch, and salt then set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat, melt the vegan butter. Cook until the butter has a brown in color then pour into a heat-safe bowl to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat together the brown vegan butter and the sugars for one minute. Add in the applesauce and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix slowly, do not overwork the dough.
- Fold in 3/4 of the Crunchsters Simply Sea Salt and caramels carefully.
- Cover the dough and set in the fridge for an hour.
- Once set, prereheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set small balls of dough onto the sheet, spreading them 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. The edges should golden and the center should be soft.
- Once baked, let the batch cool then add the rest of Crunchsters Simply Sea Salt to the top.